Ep. 06: Rosie Sumstad on opening a brick + mortar, being a new mom, trusting yourself + more
Rosie Sumstad is the founder of Fringe & Friends PDX, a brand new salon in Portland, OR and a member of the Fringe NYC family. She's also a brand new mom - a life change that wasn't exactly expected or planned for.
One of my favorite things about Rosie is how chill she is. But she's not just relaxed, she's confident that everything will work out as it should - a skill most people search for most their lives.
In this episode, we talk about how you have to be confident in yourself to see the results you want. We also talk about being patient and going with the flow when life throws you curveballs. And finally, what it's like moving across the country, opening your own brick and mortar, and being a new mom!
In this episode, we talk about:
- opening a brick and mortar salon
- being a brand new mom by surprise and the challenges that come with that
- taking those challenges day by day
- the importance of trusting yourself and your decisions
- how to keep moving forward
- taking it one step at a time
- the value of simplicity
- why we should be more patient
- how your challenges will surprise you - prepare your expectations for the unexpected
- when things feel right, don’t fight it
- you can be confident even when you’re uncertain
- how to create accountability for yourself
Books, podcasts, and resources she mentioned:
Dig this episode? Your ratings and reviews on iTunes go a long way - please take a few moments to share one! ❤