Ep 11: Sarah Judd Welch of Loyal on standing by your values, challenges in evolving a brand, combating decision fatigue, and more
Sarah Judd Welch is the founder and CEO of Loyal, a digital agency based in New York City that specializes in community strategy, customer experience, brand communications, and product strategy.
Sarah / Loyal was my first employer in New York when I moved there in September 2013. She continues to be a mentor and constant source of inspiration. I deeply admire her humble confidence and steadfast commitment to her values.
In this episode, we talk about how she stands by what her and her brand believes in no matter how hard it is, how to let go of audience members who don't align with your values, the challenges of evolving a brand with a strong identity, the shitty parts of being a woman in tech, the balance struggle, and how to avoid decision fatigue. We also talk about Scandal, Nashville, and The OC...the important things.
Listen here and check out the show notes below!
In this episode, we talk about:
- the challenges of evolving a brand with a strong identity and reputation
- how you have to adapt your services or product and prices with the fast-changing world
- ways in which the community industry/field has and has not evolved
- the importance of diversity and inclusion in community work and the internet
- letting go of audience members who don't align with your values
- the importance of being authentic to yourself and your values
- starting a business in a completely new territory
- challenges of being a woman in business and tech and how to work through them
- how balance is nearly impossible when running a business + small ways to try
- how to combat decision fatigue
Books, podcasts, and resources she mentioned:
- Sarah on Instagram and Twitter
- Loyal's website
- Community.is newsletter
- Album: Drake - Take Care
- Album: Garth Stevenson - Flying
- Book: Zadie Smith, Swing Time
- Book: Erika Hall, Just Enough Research
- Book: Nilofer Merchant, Onlyness
- Book: Mike Monteiro, Design Is A Job
- Podcast: Bad With Money
- Program: Art of Freelance
- Calm App for meditation
Dig this episode? Your ratings and reviews on iTunes go a long way - please take a few moments to share one! ❤